Table of Contents
- Transana Overview
- Transana’s Analytic Model
- Transana’s Main Screen
Bringing Data Files Into Transana
- Starting Transana – Professional and Basic Versions
- Using Transana Multiuser
- Creating a Library in Transana
- Ading Your First Text File to Transana
- Adding Your First Media File to Transana
- Import Survey Data
- Batch Episode Creation
- Adding Multiple Simultaneous Media Files to Transana
Transcription & Time Codes
Creating Analytic Codes & Categories
Categorizing & Coding Data
Screencasts Page 5
Analyzing Text-based Data
Analyzing Media-based Data
- Creating Standard Clips
- Creating Quick Clips
- Creating Clips Without Transcripts
- Creating Clips with Multiple Simultaneous Media File Data
Analyzing Still Image Data
Common Analytic Tasks with Coded Data
Reports, Maps, and Graphs
Writing Tools in Transana
- Working with Notes
- Research Journals and Hyperlinks
Tools and Utilities
- Analyzing Sports Video
- What Has Transana Done for Qualitative Methodology?
- The Data Conversion Utility for Transana 3.00
Analyzing Sports Video
CAQDAS 2014 Pecha Kucha Presentation
Please note that this presentation shows Transana 2.61, prior to the addition of support for text data in Transana 3.00.
Pecha Kucha is a presentation format where the presenter has 20 slides of 20 seconds each with no control over the pacing of the slides. It is designed to promote efficiency in presentation.
The Data Conversion Utility for Transana 3.00 +
NOTE: If you do not have a Video Root Directory defined, the conversion tool will crash. Please define your Video Root Directory in your old version of Transana before using the Conversion Utility.
Transana’s Assistant Manager Paloma is a passionate amateur ornithologist and a stickler for order. Don’t expect Paloma to take part in Casual Fridays. Even scouting birds on the deck she wears her bowtie. And don’t send her a Word file when she requests a PDF. Don’t even think about it.